Re: Did you know ...

lwhite@apci.net said:
> Althought it worked liked a charm, I never did understand what the umask option
> did/does.

From the mount(8) man page:

       umask=value
              Set  the umask (the bitmask of the permissions that
              are not present). The default is the umask  of  the
              current process.  The value is given in octal.

In other words, since vfat doesn't have the concept of file
permissions, the permissions will be 777 minus the umask value.  If
you set umask to 0, the permissions will be 777.  If you set umask to
027, the permissions will be 750.

(618)398-7320             | See web site for meeting details.