SILUG: Second monthly Metro East meeting - Saturday, 12/15/2012

The second monthly Metro East SILUG meeting for this month is tomorrow,
Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 4PM.  As usual, the meeting will be at
the Computer Room location at 3720 Green Mount Crossing Drive in Shiloh.

The big news this week is the release of Samba 4.0
(https://www.samba.org/samba/news/releases/4.0.0.html).  While I'd like
to talk about that in some depth, the in-depth discussion will have to
wait until I've had time to work with Samba 4 a bit.  For tomorrow's
meeting, I would just like to talk a bit about the implications that an
open-source Active Directory server might have...

In addition, I'd like to talk a bit about one of my pet projects,
cpanspec (https://github.com/silug/cpanspec), which I'm hoping to push
out a new release of in the next couple of weeks.

See you tomorrow.  :-)

(618)624-4440             | See web site for meeting details.