SILUG: Wednesday, 11/2/2011 Metro East meeting

The next St. Louis Metro East meeting of the Southern Illinois Linux
Users Group is scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at
the Computer Room at 3720 Green Mount Crossing Drive in Shiloh.  As
usual, the meeting is at 7 PM.

With the purchase of Gluster by Red Hat last month and the spike in hard
drive prices over the last weekend, now seems like a really good time to
go over clustered storage options again.  If you have a bunch of systems
with a small amount of spare hard drive space, you could easily have a
blob of storage that's fairly fast and fault-tolerant.

Also, as a Fedora guy, I have to point out that Fedora 16 will be out
soon.  Hopefully I'll have a system running the beta that I can show off
at the meeting...

And, of course, as always, bring any questions or problems you might
have to the meeting.  We'll do our best to help.

See you tomorrow.  :-)

(618)624-4440             | See web site for meeting details.