SILUG: Wednesday, 7/2/2008 Metro East meeting

The next St. Louis Metro East meeting of the Southern Illinois Linux
Users Group is scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday, July 2, 2008 at the
Computer Room at 3720 Green Mount Crossing Drive in Shiloh.  As usual,
the meeting is at 7 PM.

Tomorrow's meeting will be on Office alternatives for Linux.  This would
be an especially good meeting for our new(er) users to attend.

For those of you who missed our last meeting where Kara talked about
Google Picasa, you might want to catch her inaugural Tech Talk Tuesday
presentation on editing and managing photos using Picasa *tonight* at
the Computer Room.  It is totally free, but if you are interested, you
might want to let Kara know you are coming by sending an email to
ttt@computerroom.us.  These talks are going to be a weekly thing, so if
you would like to receive announcements of future events, join the
Computer Room Google Group here:

  http://groups.google.com/group/computerroom

And in case you missed my post to silug-discuss
(http://www.silug.org/lists/silug-discuss/200806/msg00011.html), our
Saturday, July 19 meeting will be on Git, so it would be a great meeting
for any programmers in the group (plus any friends you can drag along).

(618)624-4440             | See web site for meeting details.