SILUG: *location change* - Metro East meeting, 10/3/2002

The next Metro East meeting of the Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
will be tomorrow, Thursday, October 3, 2002 at 7 pm.  Since we can't
use our room at the O'Fallon Library for this meeting, we're going to
have an informal meeting at Borders in Fairview Heights.

Borders is just south of I-64 on 159 (exit 12).  Just hang a right at
the first light, and you can't miss it.  Just in case, here's the
Yahoo! Yellow Pages listing:

    http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?tuid=13092055&ck=1935361118

Kara, Emma, and I will be hanging around in the cafe area.  If you
haven't been to a meeting before, just look for a blue-eyed
one-year-old girl.  ;-)

We had talked about maybe having this meeting at Steve Reindl's house,
but the timing just didn't work.  He's going to try to do that next
Thursday.  When plans are finalized, we'll send another announcement
to the list.

BTW, for any of you who haven't already downloaded the new Red Hat
8.0, if you'd like CDs, drop me an email before the meeting, and I'll
bring you a set.  All I ask is that you make a $5 (or higher) donation
to the drive/cable/bandwidth fund.  I'll try to make a couple of extra
sets (it helps that I just picked up some 48x-rated media), but
there's no guarantees if you don't email me in advance.  (If you'd
like CDs of anything else we have available on the ftp site, that can
probably be arranged too.)

On a personal note, I'll also have a few random other things available
that I'll be posting to the forsale list in a bit...

See you all there.  :-)