SILUG: SILUG Meeting Feb 15th

The Southern Illinois Linux Users group will be meeting tomorrow night
 Monday the 15th of Feb at 7:00 pm in Life Science III room 1059 (It's the
auditorium on the east side of the building)  We'll have the usual speil
of answer and question.  If anyone has something they want to talk/hear
about email moi (mark@bish.net)

We will be demonstrating installing Linux on an Alpha and webcasting video
streams with Linux.  And this will also be the first installment of a
series I'm doing on using linux on a single board computer as an mp3
player for a Jeep.  If there is anything else people might want to hear
about pleae let me know.

We will also be doing a short intro on setting up a DNS server.

Map is below:  From Hwy 13 eastbound Once you enter C/dale from the east,
Wall St. is about 2-3 miles down the road.  Turn South (left) onto Wall
St. Go past 13 east (stoplight), a fire station on the left and over a
small hill.  Be in the right lane as that you will be turning right onto
Grand St. Once you are on Grand St. you will go through one stop sign and
over the rail road tracks. Be in the left lane as that you will be turning
left onto Southern IL. Ave. Be in the right lane as that you will be
turning right at the next light. Once you turn right you will be entering
Soutern Il University.  Follow this road around several curves.  About .75
miles down the road the woods around the road will open up and you will
see a building with a bunch of satellite dishes (Communications
building)on the left and a building across from it on the right.  The
building across from it is Life Science III.  Pull into the parking lot on
the right - right before Life Science III and park in back next to my
'new' red Jeep Wrangler. I've included three maps that are not to scale as
directions.  E-mail me if you need help with them and I'll have my cell
phone on me tomorrow 521-5805 if you get lost.

                                                        |  Lincoln Ave
                                                        |-----------

                |     Grand St.                         |
--------------------------------------------------------|-
----------------|                                       |
  Fire House->[]|                                       |
                | <-Wall St.                            |
13 east         |                                       |
--------------------------------------------------------|-
13 west         |                                       |
       Bank-> []|[] <-Car dealer                        |
--------------------------------------------------------|-
John A.         |[]<-Gas station                                Las Vegas
Logan           |                                                     -->
<--

                []<-Engineering Building
              -----\
             /      \__
            |          \
            |       --- \-------
            |     P- Lot | []<- Comm Building
Lincoln Ave |       []   | []
-----------/        ^Life Science III

                               |<-Lincoln Ave.

         |----------------------|
         |                     -|
        -|  parking             |
          vvvvv                -|-
Life    | *             |       |     |     |      Dishes
Science |               |       |     |     |
III     |               |       |     |     |
 (*) is where the room is located on the first floor